Crews from six different departments responded to the scene of the fire at 712 E. Second St. shortly after 9 p.m. Birdsboro Fire Marshall Kenneth Templin said heavy smoke was coming from the top two floors of the building.Templin said the resident of the home had placed a load of laundry in the dryer in the basement and went upstairs. Within 10 minutes, she started to notice a “burning rubber” smell coming from the basement and discovered the dryer had started on fire. She attempted to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher, but the fire started to spread. She escaped the home with her pet dogs.
Berks Fire Water Restorations Called to Perform Emergency Fire Restoration Services for Home in Birdsboro
Two-alarm fire severely damages home in Birdsboro
A two-alarm fire caused by a dryer in the basement severely damaged a home in Birdsboro late Friday night.
Click here for the entire article: Two-alarm fire severely damages home in Birdsboro | Reading Eagle – NEWS