First Impressions with Phone Etiquette
As the old expression goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression.” This is especially true when you are developing new customers. Consider the following questions:
- What initial impressions are made on potential customers when introduced to your company?
- What impression do you want potential customers to have?
Important tips to remember about first impressions:
- Last a lifetime.
- It costs nothing, but pays off big.
- Smile when answering the phone.
- Take notes and briefly summarize comments.
- Close with “Thank you for calling!”